On Friday, 6 October 2017 19:12:00 BST J. Roeleveld wrote:

> I had a large partition with reiserfs.
> Running fsck always failed due to running out of memory.
>
> Partition was quite a bit larger than 2TB (around 6TB) and contained a huge
> (millions) amount of files, but having an fsck become impossible with 16GB
> memory available was rather annoying.
>
> --
> Joost

It should also be noted that reiserfs may be getting some bitrot over the
years.  I haven't used it for a while now, but when I converted an old PC from
reiserfs to ext4 it acquired a new lease of life in terms of performance.  For
every day personal use I tend to prefer it, although I also use btrfs on a
trial basis.
--
Regards,
Mick