On 2017-10-08, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, 8 October 2017 03:51:41 BST Grant Edwards wrote:
>> When I did my usual update today firefox 52.4.0 failed to build.
>> There are thousands of compiler warnings in the build log, but the
>> only thing I can find that looks like an error is this:

[...]

>> Google provides zero hits for any of those three errors.

> Your compiler is barfing at something, but I'm no coder to know what
> this might be.

Yes, thanks, those are g++ compiler error messages.  I could track
down and fix the problem in the source code, but since it's a "stable"
system, and firefox builds fine on other systems, I should have to do
that.

> In a Gentoo context, I'd start by checking you have installed and
> switched to sys-devel/gcc-5.4.0-r3

Yep, I'm using gcc-5.4.0-r3.  There were 20+ other packages that got
built in that same upgrade, and they all went fine.

> which is the latest stable version and at least here compiled and
> installed firefox-52.4.0 on 4 PCs without a problem.

As have I.

I was afraid it might be failing RAM, but a second attempt failed in
exactly the same way.  I guess I'll delete the ebuild files and the
source tarball to force a download and then try again.

--
Grant