Dale wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I did a upgrade recently and after that, plasmashell is consuming a huge
>> amount of memory.  I noticed it at one point and it was taking about
>> 8GBs.  I killed it and restarted but it seems to keep happening after a
>> few hours.  After I took a nap, I nudged the monitor back to the on
>> state only to notice it had eaten so much memory that the system killed
>> plasmashell and I had to restart it then.  It also made other programs
>> go to swap since it was full as well.  Glad the system dealt with it
>> instead of just crashing the whole thing.
>>
>> After I restart it, it goes back to normal, a few hundred megabytes, but
>> slowly starts increasing again.  It gets old having to either logout or
>> restart the thing.
>>
>> Has anyone else noticed this happening on their systems?  If not, I may
>> rename .kde4 and see if that helps.  Maybe a bad or outdated config.
>>
>> Currently on:
>>
>> kde-plasma/plasma-workspace-5.10.5-r1
>>
>> Was on:
>>
>> kde-plasma/plasma-workspace-5.10.5
>>
>> It seems it was a Gentoo upgrade based on the -r1.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-)  :-)
>>

> Just a FYI for anyone else having this issue.  I just upgraded and it is
> still doing the same thing.  I'd think if it was a bug in the package
> that it would be fixed.
>
> I think I'm going to try renaming .kde4 and see if a fresh start helps
> with this problem.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)

Well, giving it a fresh start may have made it worse.  It used to go a
day or so and now, I have to restart the thing every few hours.  When I
restart it uses about 2% of memory, maybe a little less.  After just a
few hours, it is already up to 7% and headed to 8%.  Thing is, it seems
to grow faster as it goes.  Currently on:

plasma-workspace-5.11.0

If anyone runs up on this in a search, I'm not aware of a solution, yet.

Dale

:-)  :-)