On 23/10/17 14:56, Stroller wrote:
> There are quite granular settings to allow anyone but friends to see or post
> on your timeline - I was quite impressed by how much privacy appears to be
> available to users. I suspect this allows you more privacy from you family
> and colleagues than it does from Facebook, though.

I won't touch facebook. "how much privacy appears to be available to
users" - I get the impression that privacy is denied to non-users! How
ironic - in order to tell facebook not to track you it's not enough just
to have nothing to do with it - you have to create an account and give
it loads of info you don't want it to have, in order to tell it not to
use that info!

One reason I trust Google much more than facebook - at least on Google
everything *defaults* to *closed*, rather than defaulting wide open!

Cheers,
Wol