On 11/01 05:17, David Haller wrote:
> [...]
> >     Available versions:  (~)1.5.0
> >     Homepage:            http://structuresynth.sourceforge.net/
> > a design grammar
> >

> >and it gives me this:
> >
> >x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -c -march=native -O2 -pipe -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT
> >-DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SCRIPT_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB
> >-DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I.
> >-I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui
> >-I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml
> >-I/usr/include/qt4/QtScript -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -IStructureSynth/GUI
> >-ISyntopiaCore/GLEngine -ISyntopiaCore/Math -ISyntopiaCore/Misc
> >-IStructureSynth/Parser -ISyntopiaCore/Exceptions
> >-IStructureSynth/Model/Rendering -IStructureSynth/Model
> >-IThirdPartyCode/MersenneTwister -ISyntopiaCore/Logging
> >-IStructureSynth/JavaScriptSupport -ISyntopiaCore/GLEngine/Raytracer -I. -o
> >JavaScriptParser.o StructureSynth/JavaScriptSupport/JavaScriptParser.cpp
> >In file included from StructureSynth/JavaScriptSupport/Debug.cpp:16:0:
> >StructureSynth/JavaScriptSupport/../../SyntopiaCore/GLEngine/Sphere.h:25:4:
> >error: 'GLUquadric' does not name a type
> >    GLUquadric* myQuad;
> >    ^
>
> Copy the media-gfx/structure-synth subdir from the portage-tree to
> your local overlay and add the attached files as suggested by the
> filenames (create the files/ subdir in advance and put the patch there).
>
> HTH,
> -dnh
>
> --
> WANTED: Schroedingers Cat, dead or alive.

> # Copyright 1999-2013 Gentoo Foundation
> # Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
>
> EAPI=4
>
> inherit eutils qt4-r2
>
> MY_P="StructureSynth-Source-v${PV}"
> DESCRIPTION="A program to generate 3D structures by specifying a design
> grammar"
> HOMEPAGE="http://structuresynth.sourceforge.net/";
> SRC_URI="mirror://sourceforge/structuresynth/${MY_P}.zip"
>
> LICENSE="|| ( LGPL-2.1 GPL-3 )"
> SLOT="0"
> KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~x86"
> IUSE=""
>
> RDEPEND="virtual/opengl
>       dev-qt/qtcore:4
>       dev-qt/qtgui:4
>       dev-qt/qtopengl:4
>       dev-qt/qtscript:4"
> DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
>       app-arch/unzip"
>
> S="${WORKDIR}/Structure Synth Source Code"
>
> src_prepare() {
>       epatch "${FILESDIR}/structure-synth-1.5.0-gl.patch"
>
>       qmake -project -o ${PN}.pro -after "CONFIG+=opengl" \
>               -after "QT+=xml opengl script" \
>               QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL="-lGLU -lGL" || die "qmake failed"
> }
>
> src_install() {
>       dobin ${PN}
>       dodoc roadmap.txt changelog.txt bugs.txt
>       domenu ${PN}.desktop
>       newicon images/structuresynth.png ${PN}.png

Hi David,

thanks a LOT for the patch !!! This is one of the quickestestest :)
patch I ever got for a compilation problem! :) Yeah!

But it seems, that I am doing something wrong with the local
overlay...

I copied (as root)

cp -a /usr/portage/media-gfx/structur-synth /usr/local/portage/media-gfx/.

then

eix structure-synth

* media-gfx/structure-synth
     Available versions:  (~)1.5.0
     Homepage:            http://structuresynth.sourceforge.net/
design grammar

so no *-r1 version visible.

layman -l does not show up structure-synth

Then I tried different permutations of "media-gfx" (w/o) and
structur-synth in combination with layman -a in desperation ;)
no success

Previously I successfully added the palemoon overlay and compiled it
and compilation failed due to some code problems (which fails, but this a long
long and different story).

So I think, that the layman engine is working correctly so far.
But the driver behind the steering wheels needs some instructions it
seems.... ;)
Where can I get my license?

Cheers
Meino