On 2017-11-03 18:21, Ian Zimmerman wrote:

On 2017-11-03 02:53, Kai Peter wrote:

2. the shell script have to do some checks, e.g. the last run - I did

wrote a small 'include' script for that

Isn't your 'small include script' just another implementation of

run-crons?

No.

If not: how does it handle _missed_ jobs, if at all?

Whatever _missed_ means - at least it's
a question of error handling.

If you want to run a monthly job on a host that is not always on, do

you

have to pretend it's an hourly job and check in the script itself?

This is a special case to me. IMHO special cases have to be handled
special or much better: avoid it.

Thus it's portable. The job have to be done once.

If you want your _entire_ configuration to be portable, and my above

point

about monthly schedule sticks, then you have to ignore the monthly

feature of all the crons on all your systems, because you cannot rely

on

it in any one system.

My _entire_ config isn't portable, but some
 (important) parts of it.

--

Sent with eQmail-1.10