On 05/11/2017 15:48, tu...@posteo.de wrote:
> On 11/05 07:21, Tom H wrote:

>>> Dont know...
>>> How can I unpack that to look into it?
>>
>> From
>> https://github.com/AppImage/AppImageKit
>>
>> wget
>> "https://github.com/AppImage/AppImageKit/releases/download/continuous/appimagetool-x86_64.AppImage";
>> etc...
>>

> ./appimagetool-x86_64.AppImage appimagetool-x86_64.AppImage TestApp/.
> WARNING: appstreamcli is missing, please install it if you want to use
> AppStream metadata
> appimagetool-x86_64.AppImage is a file, assuming it is an AppImage and should
> be unpacked
> To be implemented
>
> unpacking is not implemented yet.

Reading only this thread, it looks like an upstream used a horribly
incomplete scheme for distribution that isn't even ready for launch.

And yet they distribute using it.

I would be questioning why I'm using that upstream's project at all, and
find something better by an author with more clue.

Am I missing something?

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com