Am Freitag, 10. November 2017, 01:50:04 CET schrieb Anton Molyboha:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to emerge dev-perl/Ace-1.920.0-r2 on my Gentoo Prefix on MacOS
> and it fails trying to run "rpcgen -I -K -1 rpcace.x" and not finding
> rpcgen (or rather finding the XCode version of it which I don't want)

rpcgen is part of
1) sys-libs/glibc[rpc] (not useful for you)
2) net-libs/rpcsvc-proto

> TL;DR: I have two questions:
> 1) Does anybody know of a Gentoo package which provides the tool "rpcgen"
> 2) Does anybody know how dev-perl/Ace is meant to be compiled and whether
> the dependence on rpcgen is necessary.

I'll have a look later. Best if you file a bug with all the info that you sent
to the list, then it won't be forgotten.

(I suppose dev-perl/Ace will also break with sys-libs/glibc-2.26, where the
built-in rpc support is going away, so this doesnt just affect your prefix. :)

--
Andreas K. Hüttel
dilfri...@gentoo.org