Hello,

My apologies if this has come up on the list or there is already an
extant answer elsewhere (or if the question doesn't apply, which might
be the case).

I am not sure how to describe Pocket, but it is advertising that is
prominently featured in the "New Tabs" page. The configuration setting
is also prominently featured in the settings page which it is located.

I would like to know if there is any recourse. I have disabled it, but
it is still present in the menus. It looks like it generates a unique
advertising ID, which I have cleared in "about:config."

Cheers,
     R0b0t1