Holly Bostick wrote:
You could edit /etc/make.profile if you liked, I suppose, but Portage
will update it at one or more various points anyway, and then where are you?

One question for those with more USE flag-fu than I have - does the default set of USE flags depend on the packages that have been installed into world? It seems to me that at some point I have installed a package (for example postgresql) and suddenly found that the next "emerge --newuse world" spits out a list of packages it will rebuild with a new flag.

--
Manuel A. McLure KE6TAW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,