On 06/12/2017 17:38, Andrés Becerra Sandoval wrote:

> <mailto:rdalek1...@gmail.com>>:
>
>     Raffaele Belardi wrote:
>     > One (~x86) LXDE system completed the switch with no problem, the
>     other (~amd64) built all
>     > except two packaged (sdlmame and torcs) which did not build with
>     gcc-7.2 even before the
>     > switch to 17.0.
>     >
>     > Gentoo devs and arch testers did a good job as usual.
>     >
>     > I'll do the switch on the Gnome system in the next days but up to
>     now I can say that the
>     > switch to 17.0 is a _lot_ less painful than switching major
>     compiler version.
>     >
>     > raffaele
>     >
>     >

>     I'm having trouble with these:
>
>     net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.4.11-r200
>     dev-qt/qtwebengine-5.9.3
>     net-libs/webkit-gtk
>
>     Those three, I've had to adjust the USE flags and it may or may not be
>     profile switch related.  If I had to guess, it just happened to pop up
>     and isn't related to the switch.  They are back in the rear compiling as
>     I type.
>

> ​Dale,
>
> How did you merge qtwebengine?

I had trouble with qtwebengine. It seemed to be an issue with icu-60.*
but I wasn't prepared to downgrade to icu-59.* just as a test (icu
changes here tend to trigger a rebuild of half of world), and a recent
bug on b.g.o. backed up with I was thinking.

It built fine with this in package.use:

=dev-qt/qtwebengine-5.9.3 -system-ffmpeg -system-icu

Yes, I did do it, favoured bundled libs instead of system ones. But I
was also having similar issues with bundled vs system ffmpeg for kodi,
and this was the easiest way to get past it and finish a 17.0 migration

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com