On 13/12/17 00:02, Neil Bothwick wrote:
>> and Windows has this infuriating habit of
>> > ignoring my command to shutdown, instead suspending to disk. As my
>> > Windows partitions automount in linux, this causes the mount to fail,
>> > and systemd won't boot the system. So I spend/waste half an hour trying
>> > to force Windows to shut down properly!

> Can't you change this with fstab settings. I see a similar behaviour when
> trying t mount NFS shares that aren't there, but it gives up trying after
> 90s and gets on with booting the computer.

I've tried ...

Systemd and mounting anything other than local linux hard drives gives
me a migraine ...

Yes I *should* be able to tell it to just forget about drives it can't
mount while booting. Yes I *should* be able to tell it to just forget
about drives it can't access while shutting down. Yes I *should* be able
to tell it to do what I want, but it seems that no matter what I tell
it, it randomly refuses to boot or shut down because of a hiccup with a
Windows or network mount :-(

And worse, every fix for one problem simply causes a different problem!

Cheers,
Wol