On 12/18/17, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, 18 December 2017 05:11:20 GMT Hunter Jozwiak wrote:
>> Hmm. I have kernel 4.14.7 and linux-firmware 20171206. I tried version
>> 999999999 as well, but that didn't help matters, either. Nor did
>> compiling the firmware into the kernel; either 4.14 is too old, or it
>> is too new.
>
> I'd think they are both too new?
>
>> I tried copying the firmware my live iso was using, but
>> that didn't help either.
>
> If the live iso works, start with using the same kernel release and linux-
> firmware version, to see if this works as expected on your installation.
> Then
> update kernel sources and firmware to the latest stable and see if this
> works
> too.
>
> From there on you can move into ~arch to find the version at which things
> break.
> --
> Regards,
> Mick
Okay, here are the dmesg messages:
https://paste.pound-python.org/show/nrNfBAEPfh9W7ZIeItJC/
The present kernel configuration, as of yesterday evening:
https://paste.pound-python.org/show/NmNB8nzLuEjmsz74kRVE/
Make and model of the offending card: Qualcomm 6174 revision 20.
Not exactly what the -2 error means, but I will try as Mick suggested
and work my way forwards to see what I can get working.