Hello,

On Mon, 18 Dec 2017, Ramon Fischer wrote:
>I am looking for a way to have a colorized output when piping to tee, e.g.:
>
>    /usr/bin/emerge --ask --update --deep --newuse --tree --verbose @world |
> tee --append nom.txt
>
>I already tried installing "dev-tcltk/expect" which should actually contain
>"unbuffer" which can help me out. But there is no unbuffer command.

# qfile `which unbuffer`
app-misc/unbuffer (/usr/bin/unbuffer)

>Am I missing something or is there any other way to do that?

unbuffer won't help you there anyway. That only changes when stuff is
written to the pipe.

You're actually looking for:

====
       --color < y | n >
              Enable  or  disable  color  output.   This  option will override
              NOCOLOR (see make.conf(5)) and may also be used to  force  color
              output  when  stdout is not a tty (by default, color is disabled
              unless stdout is a tty).
=====

BTW: if you don't want that colorized output in the log, add

app-text/ansifilter (/usr/bin/ansifilter)

for reading the log.

HTH,
-dnh

--
MCSE: "Microsoft Certified Stupidity enclosed"        -- A. Spengler