Some background:

A little while back I had a drive drop out of my hardware RAID. I don't think this has anything to do with the problem I'm having, but I thought I should mention it. The RAID health is fine and I can see there's not any delay in dmesg (the RAID array is detected as /dev/sdc).

On startup, I share the RAID, and hence I mount it locally under /mnt, then again under /nfs4exports.

Note: I'm using openrc.

For some reason, the entry under /mnt does not mount on startup. There's no error or any indication of anything going wrong during startup (nothing in dmesg or /var/log/messages regarding any sort of mount trouble.)

So what happens is nfs starts up but it's missing the one export. I have to stop nfs, unmount the entry under /nfs4exports, unmount the entry under /mnt, then mount /dev/sdc1 to /mnt, the mount the entry under /nfs4exports. After this, everything is mounted properly and I restart nfs.

I looked at the /etc/init.d/localmount script and it's supposed to spit out a message if something cannot mount but it does not report any error.

Is there any sort of logging I can enable to tell me exactly what's happening? Other local filesystems (total of three) all mount fine.

Dan