Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Jan 2018 07:30:30 -0600, Dale wrote:
>
>> I was able to tell it to open with Firefox.  That is as far as it would
>> go tho.  I have multiple profiles for Firefox and while it would let me
>> pick which one to use, it would only show a error that it was already in
>> use.  It wouldn't open links as a new tab for example.  I found someone
>> else wanting the same thing as me and it appears it doesn't exist.  Link
>> is above.  I may look into Palemoon.  I found a post that seems to claim
>> it works.  I'm not sure that LastPass works with Palemoon so even if it
>> does, another problem pops up.  The huge change to Firefox with version
>> 57 isn't likely to help this.  I'm also losing some addons to that
>> change.
> Have you tried Chromium? It has none of these issues, nor does it break
> addons routinely.

I did a while back and I just didn't like it at all.  I looked at Opera
too at one point.  The browser I like most, as far as how it does its
thing user interface wise, is Seamonkey.  I like that my email and
browser is in one program.  Clicking links and such works as I expect it
too.  This is one reason I switched from Kmail to Seamonkey.  I had link
problems there as well.  My next browser choice would be Firefox.  After
that, there is no third really.  I even looked at Palemoon and it is
Firefox which is good BUT most of the addons I use won't work there.  Of
course, some won't work with the new 57+ versions of Firefox either.  I
suspect this 57+ Firefox change is what has triggered all this mess.
The way addons work with Firefox and Seamonkey changed enough that it
requires two different methods which means more work for LastPass.

I'll have to figure out a workaround until something good comes along,
like maybe LastPass works in Seamonkey again.  Maybe Seamonkey will
upgrade to the way Firefox does its addons and LastPass will support
both again.

Maybe one day.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)