Corbin Bird wrote:
> Is anyone else having a sys-libs/glibc emerge compile failure?
>> *** LD_LIBRARY_PATH shouldn't contain the current directory when
>> *** building glibc. Please change the environment variable
>> *** and run configure again.
> Same error regardless of the version of glibc I attempt to emerge.

Sure - this error always comes up here, too. Just enter

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=

immediately before emerge, and it works.

-Matt

PS: And if you get some message concerning some variables which
    are too big (or something like that), enter
      mount -t tmpfs none /var/tmp/portage
    just before emerge (and "umount /var/tmp/portage" afterwards).
    I have to do this for the emerge of a few packages - I think
    it's because of my 17 TB filesystem.