On 01/09/2018 01:52 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
You can usually add extra configure items by creating, in your case /etc/portage/env/x11-terms/xterm containing

EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-blah..."

I created the /etc/portage/env/x11-terms directory and added the xterm file with the following contents.

EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-regis-graphics --enable-sixel-graphics --enable-256-color --enable-screen-dumps"

When I emerged x11-terms/xterm and texted everything worked exactly like I wanted it to.

Putting the patch in /etc/portage/patches/x11-xterms/xterm should do it.

I ended up not doing this. - I thought I had hacked one of the VT terminal types to use more than 16 colors, but my testing worked without doing this. So I'm leaving well enough alone.

Both of these features are on by default in EAPI6, the xterm ebuild uses EAPI5 so try it and see.

Thank you again for your help.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die