On 2018-01-18 13:44, R0b0t1 wrote:

> Buy a SATA to USB3 enclosure and a 2.5" laptop drive separately.

I got one of those (a Rosewill).  First thing I noted was it got
_really_ hot after a few minutes of use.  Hot as in highly unpleasant to
touch.  Nonetheless I kept using it, but it stopped working as USB3
after a month or two.  Still works fine as USB2, doesn't get so hot
anymore.

The drive itself wasn't new, so maybe it just wasn't made for that speed?