On 25/01/18 01:16, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
One user wants Gnome, the other wants Plasma. Is this doable?

Currently, Plasma is installed, and the profile is:

   default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/plasma/systemd

The profiles seem to be either-or. There's one for plasma, one for gnome. But I need both now :-/

Thanks everyone for the replies. It seems that for this one, the easy solution happens to be the same as the safe solution:

  mkdir /etc/portage/profile
  cd /etc/portage/profile
  ln -s PORTDIR/profiles/targets/desktop/gnome/make.defaults .
  ln -s PORTDIR/profiles/targets/desktop/gnome/package.use .

  # disable Gnome USE flags I don't want, like "online-accounts" etc.

  emerge -auDN --with-bdeps=y @world
  emerge -a gnome

Still building webkit-gtk... But there were no conflicts.