Denny Schierz wrote:
>>or are you trying to create the bridges aswell from scratch?
>
> jupp, creating from scratch. the bridges don't exist, at startup.

>From the sounds of it, that's ur problem. The script doesn't know it
needs to create the bridges and assumes they're there ready.

As you have a set of virtual ports to connect using the bridges, why
don't you use a little hack and create a depend() function to insert the
code needed to create the interfaces for the bridge:

# If any of the ports require extra configuration - for example wireless
# or ppp devices - we need to write a depend function for the bridge so
# they get configured correctly.
# This is exactly the same as a depend() function in our init scripts
#depend_br0() {
#       need net.eth0 net.eth1
#}

Rather than having 'need net.eth0 net.eth1', stick in the code/functions
that create the interfaces. You can create the bridge then and it should
work on reboot.

 Jonathan Wright                           ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
                                           ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
--
 2.6.13-gentoo-r3-djnauk-b1 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 1.80GHz
 up 2 days,  2:06,  0 users,  load average: 0.75, 0.36, 0.22

                                                     ~ Dennis Miller