On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 09:28:27 -0600, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:

> I didn't pay attention to it as my scanner was already configured.
> What it didn't tell me that the upgrade emptied my configuration file:
> /opt/brother/scanner/brscan4/brsanenetdevice4.cfg
>
> It is not a Gentoo like behaviour.  If there are any changes need to be
> made it should be done via: cfgupdate etc. style;  not just wipe the
> configuration file.

It was overwritten because that directory is not part of CONFIG_PROTECT,
hardly surprising as that is not a standard configuration location. If
the device can't be configured from a file in /etc the ebuild needs to
back up the configuration before installing the new version, so file a
bug with the overlay.

--
Neil Bothwick

One-seventh of your life is spent on Monday.