On 04/05/2018 03:51 AM, gevisz wrote:
Yes, the Host is running Windows.

Seeing as how both the ""Host and the ""Client are running Windows, I would think seriously about trying to leverage Windows' built in VPN capabilities.

The following things come to mind:

 - (raw) IPSec - this might be somewhat challenging b/c reasons
 - L2TP+IPSec - probably less challenging b/c of wizards
 - PPTP - just don't unless you haveto

I'd encourage your friend to check out the VPN capabilities built into Windows. He may need to install / configure (R)RAS to enable the features.

In my experience, using native features that come from the software vendor is often simpler to maintain long term.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die