Holly Bostick wrote:

As you all might know, I have an ati card. I just installed the new
8.18.6 drivers yesterday.

I was later hanging around on the Rage3D Linux Drivers forum, and
noticed mention of a utility called 'aticonfig', which apparently is a
workalike for fglrxconfig (the xorg.conf configurator), but (also
apparently) works better than fglrxconfig; not least because it
--apparently-- adds to your currently-existing xorg.conf, rather than
creating a (garbage) one from scratch.

So naturally I thought I'd try running it.... but I don't seem to have
it, and I don't know why.

I'm guessing the following line from the 8.18.6 ebuild is the reason: :-)

       rm -rf ${WORKDIR}/usr/X11R6/bin/{aticonfig,fglrx_pplay}

My guess is that it should be added to the ati-drivers-extra ebuild, but I don't see it there, so yes, it looks worthy of a bug report to me.

-Richard