On 2018-05-04 08:33, Andrés Becerra Sandoval wrote:

> ​​Maybe it is because this bug:
> ​
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/614464

It almost certainly is, although the bug seems to say that
parallelization wouldn't work for python3.6 either, and the current
official ebuild seems to enable it (or least try to, I don't know if it
would because it goes through makeopts_jobs which could be buggy too).

By the way, if you're going to use thread pools in your python code, why
import them via _multiprocessing_ ??  There is an official and well
documented threading package?

And of course the code at the link in the bug [1] is horrible, complete
misuse of OOP so I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from it - other
than: the programmer is not very used to python.

[1]
http://lucasb.eyer.be/snips/python-thread-pool.html