On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 3:53 AM, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed network related google variables being added in the compilation by
> emerge as udev was being updated to 238 today:

> Configuring systemd-update-done.service.tmp using configuration
> Configuring systemd-update-utmp-runlevel.service.tmp using configuration
> Configuring systemd-update-utmp.service.tmp using configuration
> Confi
> meson.build:2907: WARNING: Trying to compare values of different types (bool,
> str) using ==.
> The result of this is undefined and will become a hard error in a future Meson
> release.
> meson.build:2907: WARNING: Trying to compare values of different types (bool,
> str) using ==.
> The result of this is undefined and will become a hard error in a future Meson
> release.
> meson.build:2907: WARNING: Trying to compare values of different types (bool,
> str) using ==.
> The result of this is undefined and will become a hard error in a future Meson
> release.
> meson.build:2907: WARNING: Trying to compare values of different types (bool,
> str) using ==.
> The result of this is undefined and will become a hard error in a future Meson
> release.
> meson.build:2907: WARNING: Trying to compare values of different types (bool,
> str) using ==.
> The result of this is undefined and will become a hard error in a future Meson
> release.
> meson.build:2907: WARNING: Trying to compare values of different types (bool,
> str) using ==.
> The result of this is undefined and will become a hard error in a future Meson
> release.
> meson.build:2
>          symbolic gateway hostnames:        _gateway
>          default DNSSEC mode:               no
>          default cgroup hierarchy:          hybrid
>          default KillUserProcesses setting: true
>          default DNS servers:               8.8.8.8
>                                             8.8.4.4
>                                             2001:4860:4860::8888
>                                             2001:4860:4860::8844
>          default NTP servers:               time1.google.com
>                                             time2.google.com
>                                             time3.google.com
>                                             time4.google.com
>          time epoch:                        1520288197
> (2018-03-05T22:16:37+00:00)
>
>          enabled features: PAM, IMA, SMACK, zlib, bzip2, ACL, qrencode,
> gnutls, libcurl, idn, nss-systemd, elfutils, binfmt, vconsole, quotacheck,
> tmpfiles, environment.d, sysusers, firstboot, randomseed, backlight, rfkill,
> logind, machined, hostnamed, timedated, timesyncd, localed, networkd, resolve,
> coredump, polkit, kmod, xkbcommon, pcre2, blkid, dbus, glib, nss-myhostname,
> hwdb, tpm, man pages, man page indices, SysV compat, utmp, ldconfig,
> hibernate, adm group, wheel group, gshadow
>
>          disabled features: libcryptsetup, AUDIT, AppArmor, SELinux, SECCOMP,
> [...]

You are misinterpreting this output. Nothing is "taking precedence"
over your local settings.

systemd-udev is a component of systemd. To build it, we have to run
meson in the systemd source tree.

The DNS servers are used by systemd-resolved.
The NTP servers are used by systemd-timedated.

The meson build file defines default settings so that these programs
will work even on an unconfigured system.

systemd-udev does not utilize these settings, so they are completely
irrelevant for sys-fs/udev.