On 11/06/18 20:11, R0b0t1 wrote:
> AMD is an American company based out of California. However rereading
> the post I notice he is using Euros, in which case there are likely
> even stronger guarantees of fitness for a particular purpose. I
> suppose it doesn't help that the seller seems to have gone bankrupt.

Apologies, but I am lucky to have an excellent memory, and I do get a
bit grumpy sometimes when another poster has either not read or
forgotten information that was mentioned earlier.

As for AMD being American, reading Wikipedia I see they are, but I was
under the impression they were German. (The OP is in Germany despite
their anglo-saxon sounding name.) However, I note that they were in a
joint venture with Siemens, which I guess is where I got that
impression. Maybe (having gone fabless) a lot of their chips are
produced by Siemens in Germany - I don't know.

(And I'm sitting on a system - which I haven't yet managed to boot
successfully - where my supplier too has gone bust :-(

Cheers,
Wol