On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:39, Dave Cameron wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm running Gentoo on a SunBlade 100 SPARC machine, and so can't install
> Sun Java or "Macromedia crap". Does anyone know how/if you can disable
> the plugin popup on Epiphany and Firefox, it's really frustrating to
> have these constant nags, especially(sic)  since I can't install these
> binary-only plugins, both because of my social conscience, and because
> of my platform, I would much appreciate it if someone knew.

For firefox, first try going to Menu View -->Preferences--> Web Features, and
disabling (unchecking) java, javascript and maybee installing software. Close
ALL firefox windows and restart to take effect, then test.

If this doesnt fix, try typing about:config in URL bar and browse through the
many possible settings. Google may be able to help with those.
--

Credit ... is the only enduring testimonial to man's confidence in man.
                -- James Blish