On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 10:57 AM Grand Duet <grand.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just now I have tried to manually set
>
> PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6"
> PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_6"
>
> !!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "app-text/asciidoc" has unmet requirements.
> - app-text/asciidoc-8.6.10::gentoo USE="-examples -graphviz -highlight
> -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="(-pypy) -python2_7"
> PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 (-pypy)"
>
>   The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
>     exactly-one-of ( python_single_target_pypy python_single_target_python2_7
> )
>
> Does it mean that setting python targets in /etc/portage/make.conf is
> not supported any more?

No, it means that this setting doesn't work with asciidoc
specifically.  I believe you'd need to override the setting for that
one particular package in package.env.  Unfortunately that is a fairly
significant dependency that just about everybody doing this runs into.

Anytime you set a setting globally in make.conf there is the
possibility of needing to override it per-package if it causes
compatibility issues.

Personally I'd suggest just letting the profiles control everything
unless you really care what is going on with python.  If you do care a
lot about what is going on with python, then you're probably are in a
better position to deal with errors like this.

--
Rich