* Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [05-10-18 14:05]:
> Ciaran McCreesh schrieb:
> > On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:29:12 +0200 Alexander Skwar
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > | Why is 3dfx not enabled by default for xorg?
> > Because most people who use applications which have a 3dfx USE flag do
> > not require 3dfx support.
> Why is ipv6 in make.defaults? Most people don't (yet) use
> ipv6 and compiling in ipv6 support may make some applications
> be overly bloat.

Exactly.

I've noticed that fetchmail has some long delays when it's compiled with
ipv6. In that case it's probably doing ipv6 lookup first then waiting
for timeout and then finally doing ipv4 lookup. As a result I've been
downloading ~80 mails for half an hour.

It's very annoying especially when you know that ipv6 support hasn't
been enabled by you.

--
Daniel Vrcic