On Wednesday 19 October 2005 12:26 pm, Rob wrote:
> I recently decided to use sysklogd instead of syslog-ng.  But the
> command "rc-update del syslog-ng default" will not remove the file from
> /etc/init.d.

rc-update del syslog-ng default just removes the link
from /etc/runlevels/default; that's the directory that determines which
services to start at system boot time.

Is it safe to remove manually from /etc/init.d?  Yeah, sure, I guess.  But the
gentoo way would be to "emerge -C syslog-ng" and let emerge remove the files
as it will drop all of the component pieces and not try to keep emerging
updates when they come out.