On 19/08/18 11:21, Alexander Puchmayr wrote:

> This issue is covered by bug https://bugs.gentoo.org/651658, which is open
> since March 2018 and no progress since also March 2018.
>
> It seems as if multiple slots of llvm cause the problems. mesa pulls in llvm:
> 5, while other programs pull in llvm:6 (via clang:6)
>
> Does anyone have an idea how to get a working kdevelop again?

I think you have to not have multiple LLVM/Clang installations,
unfortunately. That's what the bug indicates.

I am not having issues with KDevelop with Clang support and I have
everything on the latest version:

LLVM 6.0.1-r1 libffi ncurses
Clang 6.0.1 +static-analyzer LLVM_TARGETS="AMDGPU BPF NVPTX X86"
KDevelop 5.2.3 gdbui hex plasma qmake welcomepage
kDevelop-php 5.2.3
kdevelop-python 5.2.3
Mesa 18.* classic dri3 egl gallium gbm gles2 llvm wayland

Most of the above are defaults.

I would just ensure everything is built against one version of
Clang/LLVM and get rid of the other versions from the machine.

If you really don't need the Clang features (if you are using KDevelop
for non-C/C++), you can disable it at runtime:

/usr/bin/env KDEV_DISABLE_PLUGINS=kdevclangsupport kdevelop %u

You have to kill all KDevelop instances completely for this to work.

I have this is in my menu because KDevelop gets dumb with QML JS vs
JavaScript for me, making KDevelop nearly impossible to use with Node
projects.

--
Andrew