Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote :

> On Monday, 10 September 2018 09:49:16 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I've been suffering some very odd problems recently, including lost
> e-mails,
> > but I've finally found something that could explain them all: disk space
> > down to zero in /home.
> >
> > My ~/.local/share/sddm/xorg-session.log had grown to 15G!
>
> Ouch! This is rather large.

Indeed.  :(

> > It was mostly full of repetitions of this:
> >
> >     [warn] epoll_wait: Bad file descriptor
> >
> > I didn't have the patience to search backwards to find the last entry
> before
> > those, so I can't be certain what process was spamming me; I just have to
> > assume it was sddm, since that's whose directory the log was in.

Update: I had another Konsole open yesterday, from which I'd last issued an
akonadictl restart command. Those warnings were scrolling by faster that I
could read them.

> > Is this common experience? I don't see anything on bgo, and that nice Mr
> > Google hasn't helped either.
>
> This file is meant to be recreated each time you login as that particular
> user.  On a buggy desktop here I have 13M and on a quiet desktop I have 0.9M
> after a couple of hours since login.

I'm not back up to speed yet, having begun yet another installation from bare
silicon and created yet another new user for myself. I know I've lost some
e-mails; I'm using webmail to write this.

--
Regards,
Peter.