On 09/11/2018 04:52 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Is there a recommended way to track the logs? Specific setup for syslog-ng or in my case journald?

Tracking log files is different than getting things into log files.

By default, shell history is decidedly excluded from system logs.

There are some hacks (that's a generous term) that can (usually) log shell history.

Maybe I should setup remote syslog here?

Remote syslog does have the added advantage of not being on the local system that an administrator (presumably) has a full access to.

There is a big difference in logging where an administrator can modify said logs verses where they can't. On box is the former, off box is the latter.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die