> On 2018-09-24, at 02:47, Adam Carter <adamcart...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> From:
> https://blog.cryptographyengineering.com/2018/09/23/why-im-leaving-chrome/
>
> "A few weeks ago Google shipped an update to Chrome that fundamentally
> changes the sign-in experience. From now on, every time you log into a Google
> property (for example, Gmail), Chrome will automatically sign the browser
> into your Google account for you. It’ll do this without asking, or even
> explicitly notifying you. (However, and this is important: Google developers
> claim this will not actually start synchronizing your data to Google — yet.
> See further below.)"

I use the Google features, with many Google accounts including ones I have no
control of like work accounts. I have many Chrome profiles to avoid the
confusion that Google is trying to solve with this feature. I wish they would
solve it in a better way like allowing multiple user accounts open in one
session complete with multi-account Gmail and others. I can understand that
other users may not ever figure out to create separate profiles.

I can understand not wanting this feature but unfortunately Google does not
believe in options when it comes to Chrome. They are always removing or
obscuring them. They seem to have a feeling that if there are options (more
than one good default setting), something is wrong.

--
Andrew Udvare