On October 22, 2018 7:26:53 AM Philip Webb <purs...@ca.inter.net> wrote:

181015 Philip Webb wrote:
The big question is whether I can still group tabs,
whether directly with FF or via some add-on (whatever they're now called).

I've now been using FF for a few days & can report my experience.
There doesn't seem to be an add-on which reproduces the old version.
However, I've done what I thought mb the best imitation :
the answer is windows ! -- no, not that Windows, but FF windows.
It's simple to drag-drop tabs from one FF window to another :
you just have to make sure you drop it into the Tab Bar.

My daily use of this is when reading news stories.
If I'm reading the Guardian, there are  5  story lists I check :
World, UK, Biz, Opinion + the home page.  The problem is
that not all Biz stories are listed there, but mb eg under World,
so to group them for easy reading I need to grab all of them,
then move them into my desired groups, ie World, UK, Biz (incl Brexit),
Science+Environment, Entertainment (sport history pictures etc).
This was easy fun using the old Tab Groups ;
now it's not fun, but fairly easy to do by creating separate windows
& dragging the appropriate tabs into the appropriate windows ;
dragging the 1st onto the desktop creates each window.

Does anyone know why FF dropped this feature ?
It looks as if it sb easy to develop as a front-end to window management.

Otherwise, the new FF is noticeably faster than the old FF.

Also, can anyone tell me how to remove an add-on ?
The "hamburger" menu (three horizontal lines) need the top-right) has a menu item to get to addons - simply disable or uninstall from there.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca