> On 2018-10-28, at 10:42, Davyd McColl <dav...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Or perhaps go team red. Personally, I've had enough of team green's drivers.
> My 660ti is still working fine, but if it dies, I think I'm going red. Not
> saying the grass is 100% greener there (heh) but at least you can't be held
> hostage with binary blobs. And they're cheaper. /2c
>
> -d

We're not in good shape on either side here. I would use AMD if they had better
performance on Linux with the open source driver.

In terms of the long term, I don't see either open source driver supporting
every device for as long as the drivers are supported. At some point there will
probably be a split and then eventually those legacy drivers will be removed
from the kernel due to lack of maintainers.

Andrew