On 2018-11-17, james <gar...@verizon.net> wrote:
> On 11/17/18 4:03 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:

>>> Dell is on the move, but what I found (looking for old link now)
>>> had a mechanical HD with no SSD upgrade option; everthing else was fine.
>>>
>>> https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/enabling-today-inspiring-tomorrow/ab/enabling-today-inspiring-tomorrow
>>

>>> https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-17-5000/spd/inspiron-17-5775-laptop/dncwlgamd7005h
>>
>> Not an Arm processor.
>>
>> Or do you mean AMD?
>
> Actually and AMD Arm (64bit) Ryzen or newer.

No, Ryzen is not an Arm processor.

The Ryzen's architecture is AMD64 (AKA x64, or x86-64).  It's the
old Intel IA32 architecture (which dates back to the 80386) extended to
be 64-bits wide.

Read the section on "Instruction set":

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryzen

If you want an Arm laptop, you pretty much have to by a Chromebook.

AMD did have the "Opteron A" processor which included an Arm
Cortex-A57 core, but that was aimed at the blade-server market, and I
think it was discontinued...

--
Grant