On December 14, 2018 10:59:08 AM UTC, Pariksheet Nanda
<pariksheet.na...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi Joost,
>
>On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 12:16 AM J. Roeleveld <jo...@antarean.org>
>wrote:
>>

>> Hibernation may work when building your own initramfs.
>> Not sure if dracut and the likes have support for it themselves.
>>
>> Joost
>
>Yeah, I know it's possible to hibernate using my same setup using
>BTRFS instead of ZFS.  But after a few weeks of use BTRFS eventually
>becomes slow as molasses; processes routinely get stuck in deep disk
>sleep.  In both cases I've been using genkernel for my initramfs.
>Thanks for the encouragement to dig into the initramfs setup.  I'll
>report back if I have any success or questions.
>
>Pariksheet

On my laptop I have full disk encryption using dmcrypt. LVM on top of that and
my swap inside an LV.
My initramfs does the following:
- decrypts the disk using a typed in password
- enables LVM
- passes the swap partition to kernel resume
- if resume doesn't start, it will mount the partitions and initiates proper
boot

Passing the swap partition requires identifying some codes that can differ
every boot. I can post my script if you think it will help?

--
Joost