On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 9:24 PM YUE Daian <sheepd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Recently I posted a bug report to Gentoo Bugzilla and submitted a
> request to add package Roswell into the package tree.
>
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/638446
>
> But...in fact it was not "recent" at all! I submitted the bug one year
> ago and there is literally no news after some point.
>
> Is there anything I can do more?

You can always host it in an overlay, or try submitting it to
proxy-maintainers.  Volunteering to proxy-maintain the package would
probably also help - that basically involves committing to keep it up
to date and deal with bugs/etc.

The obvious QA issue I could think of with putting this in the main
repo is where it sticks its files and how well-behaved it is.  When it
installs lisp packages does it keep them in some kind of tidy area
that isn't going to step on the rest of the filesystem?
Language-specific package managers can sometimes be messy in that way.

My guess though is that this reflects a lack of interest in lisp more
than any specific criticism.  If somebody had a criticism they'd have
pointed it out.

I didn't look at your package too closely but one little tweak you
should make is something like:

SRC_URI="https://github.com/roswell/roswell/archive/v${PV}.zip -> ${P}.zip"

That makes it easier to maintain by renaming the package version
number, and it also cleans up the filename in the distfiles cache (and
on the mirrors).

--
Rich