On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 15:27 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:

[snip]

> CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR=y
> CONFIG_NR_CPUS=2

You've probably got certain things selected under ACPI because you're
using a laptop. This is merely a desktop system so all I really need to
do, as far as I know - correct me if I'm wrong, is to enable the section
and I should get what I need with it. Enabling APM on my old system gave
me the pretty power off thing and that's all I wanted/needed from that.

> >  This is what /proc/cpuinfo shows:
>
> mine definately shows processor 0 and processor 1.  Also have a look
> at /proc/acpi/processor/.  I have CPU0 and CPU1.

Mine's just not showing up under /proc/cpuinfo. I don't have an acpi
section under /proc at the moment. ACPI must not be running right now,
then.

[snip]

> Is it a USB keyboard? did you enable usb legacy support in the bios?

It's a PS/2 keyboard. Same problem occurs with USB KB support on and off
in BIOS.

> while we're on bios settings, see if you can turn HT on and off in the
> bios.  I have an option for it.

I have the option and it's enabled.

--
Statux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>