On 10/01/19 00:55, Dale wrote:
> Just how do you do backups?  If cp -a and rsync would not work
> correctly, what do you use?  I'm just curious now.  ;-)

RAID.

I know it's not meant as a backup, and if anything happens to the
computer it could take out both drives, but at the moment I have two 3GB
drives mirrored, and I do copy stuff to archival DVD.

So if anything goes wrong I'm in trouble ... :-) That said, I'm someone
for whom things seem to "just work" - until I lend stuff to someone who
believes a good bash with a hammer is the fix for any technical gremlin :-)

Cheers,
Wol