> On 2019-01-13, at 08:43, tu...@posteo.de wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> it happens that I use my usbsticks with a Mac. As soon I use the stick
> again with my trusty Linux...I found a lot of added "hidden" files,
> which are shorter and renamed versions of files, which are already
> there...and there are everywere.
>
> Is there any hack/trick/<whatever> to prevent MacOS to write to
> my usbstick when not instructed to do so?

There are these two defaults settings, and they don't require root to set them:

defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteNetworkStores true
defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteUSBStores true

These are only for stopping Finder from writing .DS_Store files. Anything you
delete on macOS will still go in .Trash/ at the root of the drive.

--
Andrew Udvare