I'm shopping for an IMAP email client that does a decent job of
handling HTML.  After doing a bit of reading I decided the first one
to try would be Geary.

Bzzt!

Though it's in the portage tree unamasked and marked stable, you can't
actually _build_ it, since it requires an old, vulnerable version of
webkit-gtk that _isn't_ in the portage tree.

So I thought maybe I'd try it out using a flatpak "package":

    https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.gnome.Geary

But, flatpak isn't in the standard portage tree, so you have to use an
overlay or local repo.

This is beginning to look like a lot of work.

Is it practical to use flatpak apps on Gentoo?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Hmmm ... A hash-singer
                                  at               and a cross-eyed guy were