On January 27, 2019 11:22:28 Martin Mokrý <mega...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dňa 27. 1. 2019 o 9:38 Davyd McColl napísal(a):

On January 27, 2019 10:29:57 Martin Mokrý <mega...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dňa 27. 1. 2019 o 9:14 Davyd McColl napísal(a):
>>
>> On January 27, 2019 10:01:18 AM Martin Mokrý <mega...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello.
>> > I have problem with number of virtual desktops in Plasma.
>> > In my configuration file .config/kwinrc are declared 7 desktops with
>> names.
>> > But when I try to look at GUI system settings of virtual desktops,
>> there is
>> > only 1. When I change it to another number, confirm, click on another
>> > settings panel (for example bordes) and then return to settings of
>> virtual
>> > desktops, there is again only 1 desktop.
>> > But when I change beetwen virtual desktops by using keys
(CTRL+Fx), it
>> > works like it is in kwinrc file. I see number and name of desktop in
>> center
>> > of screen for a while. Virtual desktop applet is showing only 1
desktop.
>> > Where can be problem?
>>

>> Check the setting about rows vs columns. That's caught me out before -
>> I've also set up 6 virtual desktops and then it only appears that I
>> have one because I have them as 1 row x 1 column. It's a bit of a ux
>> fail.
>>

>> > --
>> > Martin "Megac" Mokry
>>
> I tried to set more that 1 rows in virtual desktop settings, but both,
> number of desktop and number of rows return to 1 after returning to
> virtual desktop settings configuration panel.

Using the desktops widget from the task bar, I see two settings:
- Number of desktops
- Number of rows
I currently have both set to 3 and that's working for me (I recently
started only using 3 virtual desktops at home)
Try that? (or something similar)

I dont have settings of number of rows and desktops in my widget. Only
settings of what is showing (number of desktop, name, nothing) and what
to do when I click on current desktop. When I right-click on widget
there is also "Add new desktop" which open system settings where I see
only number 1. But when I go with mouse over the widget it shows names
of windows that are running on any desktops, not only the first.
Hm, what version of plasma? Whilst I do have a few things ~amd64, most of plasma (barring one other widget - redshift) is amd64. System Information reports plasma version 5.14.5