John J. Foster schreef:
> Good morning all,
>
> I've been running the binary versions of oo for about three months
> now, while waiting for v2.0 to become stable. It looks pretty close
> to me. I'd very much like to run the regular build procedures, but am
>  quite worried about what the pulling in of Gnome dependencies will
> do do my stable KDE system. About six months ago I installed whatever
>  version of the Gnome desktop that was stable then, but ended up
> spending 3 or 4 days trying to remove all remnants of it after I
> decided that I didn't really like it that well.
>
> Am I being overly concerned here, or are that legitimate problems I
> may encounter?

Does offering to compile -gnome make any difference to the proposed build?

 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge -pv openoffice

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[blocks B     ] app-office/openoffice-bin (is blocking
app-office/openoffice-2.0.0)
[ebuild  N    ] sys-libs/pam-0.78-r2  -berkdb -nis -pam_chroot
-pam_console -pam_timestamp -pwdb (-selinux) 562 kB
[ebuild  N    ] dev-perl/Archive-Zip-1.16  108 kB
[ebuild  N    ] dev-java/ant-core-1.6.5-r2  -doc -source 6,136 kB
[ebuild  N    ] app-shells/tcsh-6.14-r1  +perl 859 kB
[ebuild  N    ] app-office/openoffice-2.0.0  +curl -eds *+gnome* +java
-kde +ldap -mozilla +nas +python +xml2 +zlib 209,311 kB

I use the -bin, as you can see, and I don't really use ACCEPT_KEYWORDS
on the command line (because that's A Bad Thing), but I just wanted to
quickly see if the 2.0 version of openoffice had a +gnome keyword, and
it does (the stable version doesn't).

That said, I don't see what the GNOME libs are likely to 'do' to your
KDE system-- more likely less damage than the KDE libs generally do to my
mostly-GNOME based system, and much less damage than the proposed
addition of PAM does to almost any system, ime. What exactly are you worried
might happen?

Holly