On Wednesday, 27 February 2019 13:50:58 GMT Dale wrote:

> Little info here.  I don't run systemd here but I also have that file.

I checked on a non-gentoo systemd based distro and this file is not there.  It
seems it is related to sys-fs/udev-init-scripts.

> I checked with equery b but obviously nothing owns it since it is a pid
> file generated when udev or something starts.  This is my versions of
> udev, dbus and other friends:
>

> root@fireball / # equery list *udev* dbus
>  * Searching for *udev* ...
> [IP-] [  ] dev-libs/libgudev-232:0/0
> [IP-] [  ] sys-fs/eudev-3.2.5:0
> [IP-] [  ] sys-fs/udev-init-scripts-33:0
> [IP-] [  ] virtual/libgudev-232:0/0
> [IP-] [  ] virtual/libudev-232:0/1
> [IP-] [  ] virtual/udev-217:0
>
>  * Searching for dbus ...
> [IP-] [  ] sys-apps/dbus-1.10.24:0
> root@fireball / #

My versions are more recent than yours, although sys-fs/udev-init-scripts-33:0
are the same.  I think this is what's bringing this PID file in /run/.

False positive me thinks, which is not a first for rkhunter.

Thanks Dale for letting me know.
--
Regards,
Mick