On 2005-10-21 11:57:12 +0200 (Fri, Oct), Markus Fendt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working in a chroot environment
>
> I want to deinstall a package. So i do emerge -C man (for example)
> No Error output.
>
> Then the binary man is still there on my system?

On your system ABOVE the chroot - your PRIMARY system - the one you
BOOTED into - yes. The binary will still be there, if it was there before you
issued that command.

The unmerge command will remove the package files only from your chrooted
directory. I assume you did nothing 'strange' like chrooting into / or
binding /var or /bin into your chooted environment... ?
:-)

I hope it's the answer you're looking for.