Mick wrote:
> On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 03:15:14 GMT Michael Cook wrote:
>>> -- snip --

>>> So what was the actual problem & how did you solve it ??
>>> Don't just leave us in suspense (sigh).
>> /usr/lib64/qt5/qml/QtQuick/XmlListModel/libqmlxmllistmodelplugin.so
>> (symbol
>> _ZN3QV46Object12insertMemberEPNS_6StringEPKNS_8PropertyENS_18PropertyAttribu
>> tesE version Qt_5_PRIVATE_API not defined in file libQt5Qml.so.5 with link
>> time reference)
>>

>> dev-qt/qtxmlpatterns was also updated, must have built/linked against
>> old libs due to using --jobs
> Did you run 'emerge -a -v @preserved-rebuild' before trying revdep-rebuild,
> or
> revdep-rebuild.sh?
>
> To date I have not found, or cannot recall, an occasion where revdep-rebuild
> rebuilt anything following a run of @preserved-rebuild.  I have stopped
> running revdep-rebuild.sh for years now thinking it is redundant.

I was told to run preserved-rebuild and did.  It built several packages
fine but failed on a package called guile or something like that.  Even
now it won't build.  I'm hoping it will get a better ebuild when I do my
next sync.  Also, during the regular emerge, it rebuilt a lot of
packages.  It picked up on some but it seems it missed one at least.

Like you, I have not ran revdep-rebuild in so long, I forgot all about
it.  I wish I had thought of it because I'd like to report the bug if I
had enough info about what actually got broken.

Dale

:-)  :-)