Hello list,

My little Atom box has a small rescue system which I boot once a week to back
up the main system. The backup script is a simple list of bash commands to
mount partitions and tar them to a USB disk.

While the backup is running I run another script to clean up after any recent
update, which involves removing surplus packages, running eclean etc.

But! At least once per session I have to remount the root filesystem read-
write because something, presumably tar, has caused it to be remounted read-
only.

Where do I start tracking this down? This behaviour was a factor in my
suspecting an SSD failure, but I've replaced that and still get the same
remounting.

--
Regards,
Peter.